Oak Kitchen Island Table. Black Kitchen Table. Little Tikes Folding Picnic Table.
Oak Kitchen Island Table
- Larger than utility kitchen carts, kitchen islands provide the maximum amount of work space and storage.
- an unattached counter in a kitchen that permits access from all sides
- A kitchen is a room or part of a room used for cooking and food preparation.
- Postpone consideration of
- postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- a deciduous tree of the genus Quercus; has acorns and lobed leaves; "great oaks grow from little acorns"
- the hard durable wood of any oak; used especially for furniture and flooring
- An Oak is a tree or shrub in the genus Quercus (; Latin "oak tree"), of which about 600 species exist on earth. "Oak" may also appear in the names of species in related genera, notably Lithocarpus.
- A smoky flavor or aroma characteristic of wine aged in barrels made from this wood
- A tree that bears acorns as fruit, and typically has lobed deciduous leaves. Oaks are common in many north temperate forests and are an important source of hard and durable wood used chiefly in construction, furniture, and (formerly) shipbuilding
Stenstorp wooden tabletop, after 1.5 months of oiling
This is mostly for the benefit of folks on IKEAFans.com. The tabletop pictured in front is the top of our IKEA Stenstorp kitchen island. It is an oak countertop, the same as the oak counters they sell separately.
We have been treating the countertop with IKEA's Behandla wood treatment oil for 1.5 months. For the first week it was every other day, with sanding in between every coat. Then it was every 3 to 4 days until now. For a while I continued sanding between coats, but more recently I haven't bothered.
You can see that the table is actually getting a lovely sheen to it. It's not a shine, really -- it's still a matte finish, but there is a nice sheen when the light reflects off it, and the wood looks luminous.
For a while in the earlier part of the process the table was looking really "blah," but in the last week or so it really started to look beautiful.
We still have to keep oiling it for another couple of weeks, perhaps.
In the background you see a different wood counter -- that one is birch, and it has Waterlox finish (the top coat or two are the semi-matte Waterlox, with the very shiny basecoat underneath).
beech table top
bespoke hardwood tables, Bespoke Iroko worktops ,Bespoke Oak worktops ,Bespoke Walnut worktops ,Bespoke Wooden Chairs, Bespoke Wooden Dining Tables ,Bespoke Wooden Shelving, Cafe Tables, Cherry worktops , Dining Tables, Floating Shelves , Kitchen worktop, Oak Side Dining Chair , Kitchen worktops, Kitchen Tables,Wood Shelves , Wooden worktops ,Kitchen countertops,Bathroom countertop,Granite countertops, countertops,Kitchen Decorating,Kitchen Decor,Kitchen Hardware,Kitchen Islands, Kitchen countertops,Granite countertops,
used folding table
small black console table
black coffee table with baskets
glass top coffee table sets
console table with baskets
rattan pub tables
leather book table
tall folding table
square dining table sets
sauder coffee tables
| HOME |